Beera kaya - 2 medium (cut it to 8 pieces)
Curry leaves - 1 string
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Channa dal - 5 tbsp
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Red chillies - 5
Zeera - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 4 pieces
Masala powder preparation:
- Fry channa daal in a pan without oil for 1 minute.
- Add coriander seeds, redchillies and fry until they turn reddish. Switch off the flame and add zeera and garlic to the same pan and little bit salt.
- Now grind the whole thing to a coarse powder.
- Cut each beera kaya piece in the middle and stuff the masala powder.
- Take a pan and add oil. Put all the stuffed beera kayas to the pan.
- Add curry leaves and salt. Let it cook for 4 to 5 mins in low flame.
- Now add turmeric and leftover masala powder to the pan. Cook it for 10 mins in low flame.
- Switch off the flame after 10 mins add coriander leaves to garnish.
Serving Size: 3 people